Popular messaging app WhatsApp will soon get the option to set a user name. with the help of whatsApp new update users will be able to set a unique user name for their account. According to the report of WABetaInfo, to further improve the user experience and privacy of the people, WhatsApp is working to bring a new feature, which is in the development phase of beta version 22.214.171.124.
Users will find this new feature of WhatsApp in the profile section of the app’s settings. After this, instead of relying on the mobile number to identify the WhatsApp account, you will also be able to choose a unique user name option.
Users will be able to chat without sharing the number in whatsapp new update
According to the, whatsApp new update all WhatsApp users will be able to chat with each other without sharing the number. However, how will this feature work and once the username is set, how many times will users be able to change it? No information has been revealed about this.
It is believed that soon this feature will be available to beta testers through an update, after which many information about this feature can be revealed.
Before this, the message edit and chat locking feature has been rolled out in whatsapp new update.
In the first WhatsApp new update, WhatsApp launched message edit and chat locking feature. In the message edit feature, users can edit the sent message for up to 15 minutes.
Along with this, users can lock any group or individual chat through the chat lock feature. After this feature, users will be able to access their chats only by themselves using device PIN or biometrics lock.
Process to edit message:
- To edit a message on WhatsApp, you have to long press on the message.
- You can changed the message by clicking on the edit option in the menu.
- ‘Edited’ will appear in the message, so that the person in front is aware of it.
How to lock and hide chats through chat lock feature in WhatsApp new update?
- First of all update your whatsapp.
- After then,open WhatsApp.
- And go to the chat you want to lock and hide.
- Now Tap the profile picture of the account with that chat.
- Here you will see the new chat lock feature written below the disappearing message, click on it, after which the chat will be locked.
- you can lock and hide other chats as well.
How to access locked and hidden chats?
- Open WhatsApp.
- Now open home page of the app, scroll down to the bottom of the chat.
- After this a secret folder will appear, which has to be tapped.
- Now you enter the password or fingerprint, after then you will be able to access the chat.