Apple’s second official store in India will open today in South Delhi. CEO Tim Cook will open the doors of the company’s second store at 10 am. Earlier, on April 18 at 11 am, he opened first Apple store in Mumbai.
This store has been built in Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani’s Jio World Drive Mall. The Apple company currently has a total of 551 stores in 25 countries. With the opening of another Apple store in Delhi’s Saket, the number of Apple stores will increase to 552.
The first floor Apple store in Delhi is much smaller than the flagship store in Mumbai, but will still showcase all Apple products. Like all Apple facilities, Apple Saket’s operations in India will run on 100% renewable energy and are carbon neutral.
Apple’s official retail stores are known worldwide for their premium customer experience. Apart from this, these stores also have many features.
The Delhi outlet of the Apple Store has been named Apple Saket. It has been established in Select City Walk Mall, South Delhi. Its distance from New Delhi Railway Station is about 16 kms. The design of this Apple store is inspired by many gates of Delhi. The rent of Delhi’s Apple Store is Rs 40 lakh per month.
5 important things about Apple Store – CEO Tim Cook
- Super Large Store: Apple’s official stores are very large. Because of which no one has to wait for a while to see any product even if there is a huge crowd of customers.
- Unique Design: Every Apple Store has a unique design. The design of the Apple store located in Mumbai has been taken from the city’s black and yellow taxis. And the New York store is cube shaped.
- Instant Billing: Customer does not need to stand in queue for billing after purchasing a product from Apple Store. All Apple Store employees carry mobile payment terminals for billing.
- Device Configure: You can configure products like MacBook or iMac to your liking in the Apple Store. While resellers did not get this kind of service.
- Better trade-in value: Apple stores are known for better exchange value. Usually the trade-in value here is more than a platform like Amazon-Flipkart.
Now the answers to some important questions related to Apple Store which have been told by Tim Cook to the people.
1. Will Apple’s products be cheaper than before?
The price on Apple Store is generally higher than platforms like JioMart, Croma and Amazon. But if a special discount is being offered by Apple, then it can be beneficial. So there is no guarantee that you will get the product cheaper from Apple Store.
2. Will the problem of product availability go away after the opening of the Apple Store?
Apple stores carry huge inventory. Now the Apple Store has all kinds of products and colors in stock most of the time. If a customer wants to configure a product like iMac according to himself, then this facility will also be available for him.
3. Will it take less time to service any product now?
Till now, Apple’s service centres in the country were operated separately from its main stores through third parties. Now customers will get servicing facilities in these Apple stores. It is called ‘Genius Bay’. This will eliminate the problem of delay due to non-availability of any part of the product. The product will also be serviced by trained professionals.
4. Will a customer be able to order online?
Apple launched its services for online ordering in India in the year 2020 itself. Any Apple device could be bought online. But now after shopping online, the customer can pick up his product from the store as well.
Team Cook met Prime Minister Narendra Modi before opening the store
Apple CEO Tim Cook met Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Delhi on Wednesday before launching the store. During this, Cook said that he is committed to investing in India.
After meeting PM Modi, Tim posted a photo with the Prime Minister and wrote on Twitter, ‘Thank you Prime Minister Narendra Modi for the warm welcome